My first roll with my Contax T2 (Kodak Portra 400)
Hi guys ! As I told you on Instagram I was looking for a Contax T2 since few weeks. If I'm honest with you, I was wanting it for years but I was so afraid of the price. Hum. I'm thinking of the price of a Contax in 2017... I should have... Well, don't talk about it.
So, I bought it ! And you can see my first impressions on my Instagram.
Tonight (yes, it's a real life, right now blog post) I have scanned my first roll. For this first roll, I took note of every settings I have used for each picture. I wanted to share the result with you. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed but I know why.
1) I should have read the instruction manual first. (NO ! I see you and I know that you always try a camera BEFORE reading the manual)
2) It was my very first time with this camera.
Here are my 37 pictures. I used a Kodak Portra 400. I did 2 really pictures to me. The cat (portrait format) and the LV bag. The one with the ice cream is great too, especially the detail of the skin. You'll see.
Please leave me a comment with your thoughts ! I'm quite curious.
Here are the different settings of the camera + the exposure compensation dial that I forgot to photograph haha
To explain a little bit my settings choice :
- I really wanted to experiment the exposure compensation. I watched a video of a guy saying that he was most of the time shooting with +1ev and I realize that to me it's not always the best result.
- I try a lot as well the infinity focus for landscape but nothing crazy came out to me. Maybe it works better for a very large landscape like mountains or desert. Don't know.
- I try the two flash mode. But the "double flash" setting is definitely for red eyes. It doesn't change anything apart from that.
Now, let the pictures talk :)
|Here, I can't see real big difference. The picture is quite OK but not crazy.
|To me, all of these pictures is shit :)
|Same here. Not good. The light was quite complicated. It was quite early in the morning.
|The first one is better to me. The exposure compensation was def not needed.
|Same here. Exposure compensation not needed at all.
|No comment. Not good.
|Here you can clearly see that there is no difference between the two flash mode.
|Not good to me.
|I realize here how I messed up the focus with my hand...
|Watch the hand ! Crazy huh ?
|At least, the strawberries were good.
|I AM SO PROUD OF THIS ONE. I AM SOOOOO PROUD !
|The auto focus is shit here.
|The first one is my second fav !
|Not so terrible... What do you think ?
|Frustration. FRUSTRATION ! Autofocus, come on !
|It's shit. I wanted to finish the roll.
|Mmmmh... Red eyes ! And not great.
|Last but not least. I have to admit that this one was def for finishing the roll and it went quite well as it's in my bathroom so artificial light, it was early morning... So, not bad. Except the scanning, thanks to me :)
Here we are. So tell me now, what do you think ? Any tips ? Except "read the instruction manual" hahahaha